Sunday, December 19, 2010

Today

When I woke up this morning, I knew that I had to blog today.  Ten years ago today, Paul asked me to marry him.  I can remember that day like it was yesterday.  I can remember trying to talk him out of going to Christmas at the Zoo.  It was so cold that the polar bears weren't even out that night.  But, he insisted that I go, and I am glad that I did.  Sadly, this entry is not about us.


Today, we gathered with Paul's family to celebrate Christmas. While we were gathered Paul's Grandpa passed.  His family thought the world of him, and he will be greatly missed.  But, Paul said it best.  Grandpa Moeller lived 80 years and accomplished many things.  We should celebrate his life in the coming days.  I have several photos with my children with their Great-Grandpa, but this photo is one of my favorites of him and Marilyn. It was taken at Scott and Stephanie's wedding in 2003.  He was a dancing machine that night.  This is how I want to remember him. . . all smiles, drink in hand, surrounded by family, and certainly recounting the Reds' baseball game.

1 comment:

  1. :( I am sure he will be missed. It was the day asked you to marry him, and his grandpa's love will just continue to trickle down the generations to your family and beyond! Love you friend, hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete