Monday, December 5, 2011

My Baby Boy

I thought for sure Baby Buening was going to arrive on 11-11-11.  I woke up not feeling well and having some contractions.  I went into work that day only to be told by many that I didn't look good.  My final doctor's appointment was that afternoon.  She didn't think I would make it the weekend. 
Saturday - nothing.  Paul and I took the kids out for one final dinner out as a family of 5.  I headed to Buy Buy Baby afterwords.  Still nothing.
Sunday - our power went out before breakfast, so we headed out for another final meal out as a family of 5.  But, apparently power was out all over town, so we had a stellar breakfast at Burger King, yuck!  We then ran to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things.  We ran into several teachers who couldn't believe that Baby Buening had not arrived yet.

Sunday night I tucked my three big babies into bed and called B'maw to make sure that she had her phone handy.  My contractions were now about an hour apart.  It is a good thing she had the right mind to drive to Franklin at 9:30 that night.  By time she arrived, my contractions were pretty strong and 4 1/2 minutes apart.  We left for the hospital shortly after she got to our house.  I thought for sure we would be holding Baby Buening before breakfast, so did the nurses.  Ethan, Erica, and Ellie were so excited to wake up to find B'maw at our house.  They knew they were going to find out if Baby Buening was a brother or sister soon.

My sweet baby boy, Gunner Douglas.

Gunner Douglas Buening
arrived Monday, November 14, 2011 at 10:40 a.m.
8 pounds and 21 1/2 inches long

I knew he was going to have long, lanky arms and legs.  He kicked his momma in the ribs constantly, and I am sure that I felt an arm down my left leg.

Mommy #2 and #3


I am not sure if you can tell or not, but Ethan was beyond thrilled to have a baby brother.  The first words out of his mouth upon learning it was a boy, is if we could name him Jason after his (2nd) favorite FC basketball player, Jason Sibley. 

You can't tell it in this photo, but Ethan was sick.  We didn't realize it at the time, but my Buddy had pneumonia.  NEAT!  He missed the rest of the week of school and had to stay with my dad and brother, because he wasn't allowed to be around Gunner.  He was so miserable that I don't think he minded.

Ellie and B'maw checking him out.

Snuggling with Gammaw

I have a really great photo of Paul and Erica holding Gunner, but it was on Gammaw and Papaw's camera.  The best part of the day, was knowing that my happy little family isn't so little anymore and we are finally complete with the arrival of Gunner.

No comments:

Post a Comment