Wednesday, June 8, 2011

School's Out for Summer

B'maw taught Erica a new song.  She keeps calling my Ethan a monkey. 
He did it!  My Ethers completed first grade.  I am amazed how much he has grown in 180 school days.  My buddy can read anything you throw his way.  Our current bedtime favs are the Magic Tree House series.  Math--well, that is another story . . . a long story filled with tears and  "I can't do it" and Ethan asking me, "Mommy, what's wrong?"  :)  

His teacher and I were talking on our work day, minutes after the students boarded the buses for the last time, Ethan wanted to tell his teacher good-bye one more time.  When he said another farewell to Mrs. Shafer, he told her that he couldn't wait for second grade.  If that is not a compliment then I am not sure what is!  I am certain that she was thinking, she needs a LONG summer before facing another 180 days with my active Ethan and his 24 peers.  (He will "loop" with his 1st grade teacher to 2nd grade.)

Ethan, I am so very proud of you.  Continue to WORK HARD and BE NICE!  I loved being able to be there while you experienced the joy of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment