Sunday, July 3, 2011

One Whole Hand

My Bear celebrated her fifth birthday and then some. 
Daddy had a great idea.  Just the three of us visited the American Girl Place in Chicago.  We had to search for the perfect girl, one that looked just like Erica.  The most important accessory:  glasses.  Erica selected her doll's glasses before she found just the right doll.  We then headed into the cafe for lunch.  Erica loved it!  Her new doll, Molly, even had a special place at our table.

I love them.

Birthday cake for the birthday girl.  I think we heard the waiters and waitresses sing "Happy Birthday" twelve times while we were eating, but Erica's version was the most special and most important.

That's a good day!


 But, it wasn't over yet!  Who could wish for a Rapunzel party and not have . . .
 floating lanterns!
(I was a little nervous about sending flaming paper into the air, and we like our neighbors. So, we, tied them down.) 


 She was so, so, so excited, if you can't tell.

 It was way past bedtime.

 The lanterns truly were magical.  I must say, we were very impressed.

Erica and her bestie, Bre.


Cakes by B'maw with an Ellie fingerprint in the icing.

The girls had fun making Pascal noise makers.

Happy Birthday Erica.  We are so excited for all the wonderful things that you will get to do and experience in your 5th year.  We love you so much.  Your dimples brighten the sunniest days.

No comments:

Post a Comment