Either, our doctor's office has better equipment or Paul & I are getting very good at "reading" ultrasounds. We had our ultrasound this week. The kids accompanied us to get a glimpse of their new sibling. The baby looks healthy, thank goodness, and is measuring a little ahead of our due date. But, that doesn't matter, I just know he/she will be late!
Ethan has named our new baby, Blue Thunder, after a monster truck. He is hoping that we are blessed with a bundle of blue this time around. Gammaw reminded him that her brother has six sisters!Erica is not as certain to her preference. Some days she wants a baby brother so that we will have two boys and two girls. Other days she wants another sister. Whatever our baby may be, Paul and I know that she will be a great "mommy". She has had lots of practice with her cousins. We joke that she will take over our duties.
My Ellie! When asked if she wanted a new brother or sister, she proclaimed that she wanted a new toy. I think she is in denial about no longer being the baby of the family. Just the other day, we were snuggling on the couch and I felt the baby move. I explained to Ellie that our baby kicked her. Without missing a beat, Ellie smacked at my stomach and yelled, "No kicking, not nice!" In hindsight, I probably should have chosen different words.
Changing topics, Ethan had his tonsils and adenoids removed this morning. Things are looking pretty good. Six Popsicles and 2 rounds of meds and he is feeling all right. I hate the feeling of utter helplessness as my baby boy was being wheeled back into the operating room. Giraffe-E got to stay by his side and helped him through.
No comments:
Post a Comment