Saturday, August 13, 2011

Summer Fun

This spring I was exhausted.  Growing a human is hard work.  I planned to blog more frequently over the summer to make up for my lapse.  But, here it is August and Erica is counting the hours before she begins kindergarten.  So, you get one gigantic blog about our summer.


Christmas in July
 Ethan and Erica were able to visit with Santa this summer at Holiday World.  They don't have their Christmas wish lists together just yet, but they were eager to let him know that they were being good.

 The spider makes me a little nausea just watching them, but they loved it.
Daddy sent Ethan and Erica down the water slide to me and then followed them down.

Bumper Boats!

Erica loved it.


Ethan had his tonsils and adenoids removed this summer.  I was expecting the worse, but he surprised me.  Ethers rested the first few days, took his medicine, and ate Popsicles like crazy.  His sisters supported by trying to match his Popsicle consumption.  Ellie also felt the need to come down with strep throat 3 days before Ethan's surgery.  She also had another bout with strep just before Ethan's follow-up appointment with the doctor.  Guess who also went to Ethan's doctor's appointment?  We have being saying little prayers and crossing our fingers for her.  Pop-O said he is skipping town if she has to have surgery. 


Erica began her kindergarten count-down.  My girl thought that she could go to school with Ethan and I after Christmas Break and Spring Break.  We finally convinced her that she had to wait until after she celebrated her birthday.  Well, June 17 she was ready for school.  She was really ready when her bookbag and lunch box were delivered.

Child labor . . . they were more than thrilled to wash my van and daddy's truck. 


 Daddy thinks I am messy cook.  I must be rubbing off on my girls. 


Homemade sugar cookies, mmmm!


Afternoons on B'maw's boat usually end with a nap.

10 year ago
Paul and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary this summer.  I remember that day like it was yesterday. I am looking forward to the many more years and memories that we will have.  I think we have had a pretty good honeymoon the last 10 years.

 C-18 Groupies
  Eleven beautiful babies
I love my summer date with my college roommates and our brood.  I think this is my favorite kid picture yet.

My dearest friends. . . we can laugh and cry and laugh until we cry.  I love our girls nights out.  They don't happen often enough, but when they do, they are priceless.

 Dale Hollow Lake
Daddy tested out the rope swing first.

Ethers was a little frightened his first go.  The fear was short-lived; we couldn't get him off of the rope swing.

My big kid!

Papaw and Ellie

Daddy tossed Erica super high.


My girls!


 Watch out Northwood, Here Comes Erica!

Erica couldn't wait to find out her kindergarten teacher.  She is in Mrs. Limbach's class with her pal Luke and Halle.

Touring the school

checking out her classroom


 Living up our last week of summer.

Ethan, Erica, and Ellie disguised themselves as Bumblebee at The Children's Museum.



digging for bones

my favorite dinosaurs

one fierce T-rex

wrestling 'gators



On to the zoo,
The newborn baby elephant . . . she is so sweet.

Daddy talked Erica into riding the roller coaster with him.

Ethan, hold on!

Not to be out-done, Buggies went for a ride.

We bumped into some pretty cute monkeys!

 It Must be Fall
I never thought I would cheer for Wabash College, but my Ethers is donning a white and red #53 jersey!


No comments:

Post a Comment