Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Today was a BIG day

My little girl has been looking forward to this day for months, possibly years.  I can't believe that it is finally here.  Today, my Erica began Kindergarten.  It was her first day of school ever.  She was very excited and each time I ran into her beautiful face today she was all smiles. 
 Ethan had a great day in second grade.  His teacher "looped" with his class.  He liked walking into the same classroom with the same teacher and friends.  He was able to choose his own seat, but he opted for his same desk.  I also looped with my class, and it made me smile as my students seemed to pick up right where we left off in May. 
Ethan was excited to have his sister at school with him.  He wanted to walk her to class, but that was Daddy's job today.  He did promise that he would walk her to class tomorrow.  Ethan cheerfully introduced his sister to anyone and everyone.  He was just happy to have her around.   Let's hope this honeymoon period lasts at least until November.

My Bear,

Goodness!  It seems like just yesterday I was snuggling you in my arms.  Today I watched you proudly navigate the halls of school like a pro.  I am not sure how my baby grew into a beautiful little girl, but time flies when you are having fun. 

I love the first day of school because of the promise that it brings . . . the excitement, the anticipation, and the sheer joy.  I saw all of that in you today.  Something tells me that I will always see that in you.  My wish for you is that you love learning each and everyday of your life.  I know that you will have an amazing school year.  I also know that you are in good hands at Northwood.  You are very lucky to be an "Owl."  It is truly the best school around. 

I can't wait to see what life has in store for you.  You can and will do amazing things. 

Love you whole bunches,
Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment