Today was a great day; busy, but great! The morning started off a little crazy. I left my phone at school. Paul was working. Ellie is teething. Erica was tired because she fights sleep, and Ethan had a soccer game. What a great day to plan a party, but it all came to gather nicely thanks to our family.
After Ethan's party, we hurried home to meet our family to celebrate Ellie's first birthday. I think that it was a good thing that I was so busy that I didn't have much of an opportunity to dwell over the fact that my baby is turning one.
And now the best part . . .
before
and after!
Ellie LOVED her cake! She was so excited that she forgot about her teeth bothering her. She had cake and icing EVERYWHERE! I think she is still blowing red and black snot out of her nose. Paul and I both had to change shirts after getting Ellie into the bathtub. We had to drain the water and refill the tub because it was so dirty, and we took her high chair outside and hosed it down. Erica helped me, so I even was hosed down!
What a great day! Ethan wasn't ready for the day to end. Our neighbor is sleeping over at our house.
Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts. That was very generous of you. Thank you for taking the time to help celebrate with us. We are very blessed to have such a loving family.
I want to kiss her little cake face!!
ReplyDelete