Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dale Hollow

Each summer, Paul's family travels to Dale Hollow for a weekend of fun in the sun and good food. This summer we had a smaller crowd, but we still had a great time together as a family. Ethan spent a lot of time with his best friend, Kasey. Ethan and I tried our hand at tubing. He would not go with me. He wanted to ride with his (2nd) cousins, Kyle and Kasey. I had a great time, but man am I sore today! It even hurt to wash my hair. Paul was even able to convince Erica to ride with him on the jet ski. I was very proud of her moment of bravery.
kayaking anyone?
One thing is for sure, we never go hungry on this trip.


Ethan was very proud of his Daddy's find.

I would be a little frightened also if there were a dozen little boys and girls in my face.

I think Ellie is going to take after her big brother. She loves the water.

Erica enjoyed some snuggle time with Daddy. She had a "buggy bite" on the bottom of her foot so she had to spend time resting on the shore.

Ellie loved swimming with Papaw

takin' a little rest
Ethan was ready to try out the new tube.

"Here we go!"


my little dare devil trying to stand up

Ethan and Kasey after they fell off the tube.

a boat ride to get ice cream--that would be Superman ice cream smeared all over Ethan's face

I love the simple joys of summer.


asleep in Gammaw's arms
Ethan fell asleep snuggling with Katie.

Happy 8th Birthday Jacob!
It is hard to believe that he was just 10 days old at our wedding.

Ellie did not like her pack and play. She wanted to snuggle with her big sister.
Ethan is already talking about our trip next year. Erica's favorite part of the trip was swimming and staying with Gammaw. We all enjoyed our time with family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sus! What a precious picture of the girls snuggling! Glad to hear you guys had a great trip. Can't wait to see you later this week!

    ReplyDelete