Sunday, September 13, 2009

If she is Cinderella . . .


Erica is on a Cinderella kick. She received a Cinderella t-shirt from Gammaw recently. She also has a few Cinderella books checked out from the library. It is very upsetting to her that the mean girls tear her dress.
Tonight as Erica was getting ready for bed, she told me that she was Cinderella. She even dressed in a night gown so that she would be beautiful. As I was combing her hair we had the following conversation:
Erica: I'm Cinderella.
me: Who is the mean step-mother (I had to ask.)
Erica: You are mommy.
me: Really? I am the mean step-mother?
Erica: No, mommy, you are a princess.
me: Thank you. I love being a princess.
Erica: Daddy is the mean step-mother.
me: Ha! Ha! Who are the mean sisters? (Again, I had to ask.)
Erica: Luke and Jake (the rough and tough neighbor boys that she loves dearly)

No comments:

Post a Comment