Monday, September 7, 2009

There Goes Perfect Attendance

Friday Ethan missed his first day of school. STREP THROAT.
Thursday I knew he wasn't feeling well when he fell asleep in my classroom before school started. He did not have a fever so off he went to class. A few hours later my classroom phone rang. Ethan fell asleep in his classroom and his teacher couldn't wake him. Panic set in. I tried NOT to full out sprint to his classroom. I didn't want to set a bad example for my students. Thankfully, he was with B'maw and Pop'O that day, so he could rest. Thursday evening he fell asleep on the couch and missed his soccer game. He seemed to perk up later in the evening, so I was hopeful that he would not have to miss school.
Yeah, NOT the case. He came to sleep with Paul and I in the middle of the night. He was a sauna. Friday afternoon Paul took him to the doctor. While waiting, Ethan fell asleep in the doctor's office.

I hoped that my little man would be receiving a "Perfect Attendance" t-shirt at the end of the school year, but I should have known better. This is Ethan we are talking about. My little guy that had beaucoup ear infections and tubes all before his first birthday. The boy that we rushed to the emergency room with croup at 1:00 a.m. on a few occasions. My little guy, similar to his Daddy, who shows his illness in the eyes. I should have known my little guy would not have "Perfect Attendance," but I can dream can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment