Saturday, October 31, 2009

Field Trip!

I remember, as a student, the joy of a field trip. I still get excited for field trip day as a teacher. However, there is noting quite as exciting as your child going on their first field trip. Ethan's class took their trip to The Indianapolis Zoo. I was afraid Ethan was going to miss it. He had been very sick earlier in the week, but a little medicine goes a long way!
I was lucky enough to join his class of the trip. We were even luckier to have his dear friend, Ruthie, in our group. I must say that is the quickest that I have ever seen the zoo. What a difference not pushing a stroller makes! I did feel a little empty-handed at times. We viewed the zoo at a 5 year-old's pace. We saw the giraffes, the lions, the tigers, penguins, polar bears . . . all at warp speed.


petting a shark

best buds

Ethan, Daniel, Ruthie, Seth, Kayla, and Meah taking a break

My tired little guy fell asleep on the bus ride back to school. I had a difficult time waking him up once we arrived at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment