
Paul and I road-tripped to St. Louis this weekend. It seems as if we were just there. And, we were. . . in June, but this time our kids stayed with B'maw and Pop-O (Thank you, thank you, thank you). Friday afternoon, Paul and I headed to St. Louis so that we could have a date. We haven't been able to do that in so long. We ate dinner with the "blue hairs" Friday night . . . we were the first people in the restaurant. On the advice of my cousin, we headed to a piano bar. We detoured 1 1/2 miles out of way thanks to the GPS. Did I mention that we were
walking in downtown St. Louis? It was dark, and we were lost. Not a good combination. Once we got to the piano bar, it was great. They played some of our favorite songs.
On Saturday, we met up with several friends. Our friend, Dustin, attended college with the Rams' left guard, Jacob Bell. Jake graciously invited Dustin and his wife and friends to his home on Saturday afternoon. Paul and I had to pick our chins off the ground before entering his home. The neighborhood was stunning, to say the least. Jake and his family were so kind and down-to-earth. His cousin is an excellent chef. His dogs LOVED me. And I was cheering for Jake and the Colts on Sunday afternoon.


pre-game

I tried to get a picture of Bob Sanders for Ethan. Bob turned sideways as I snapped the photo.

the coin toss

Captain Jake meeting Captain Peyton

#63

Holding on the offense, #63 . . .oops!

Colts 42, Rams 6
Thanks, Jake, for the outstanding tickets. Our seats were great! Paul and I had a great date weekend, but there is nothing like coming home. I loved the cheers that I received as I came home tonight. I missed Ethan, Erica, and Ellie tremendously. They were so excited to spend the weekend with B'maw, Pop-O, and Uncle Todd. I sure everyone will turn in early tonight.
Hooray for Susan and Paul time!
ReplyDelete