I love this time of year, trimming the tree, caroling, and wishes for a very special Christmas. Paul and I have enjoyed preparing for St. Nick's big visit in 18 days (Yikes, 18 days, really? I still have shopping to do!). Ethan has a paper chain that he is pulling links off of each night before bedtime. Erica is gluing cotton balls to a paper Santa's beard. Ellie is just pulling ornaments off of the Christmas tree by the dozen. We are enjoying the moments.
It snowed today, and I saw The Nutcracker. It is definitely time for Christmas!
The Season Begins with Tree Trimming . . .

Ethan needed to hang his ornaments really high.

Ellie's favorite ornament is a "Go Colts" ornament. Did you notice how hard Paul was working while we are trimming the tree?

Erica doing her share.
Now, for our visit with Santa.

"I think I will sit on my Daddy's lap instead."

Fat chance Erica was going to sit on his lap.

We have a winner!
Ethan told Santa that he wanted a 6 foot tall monster truck (4 feet is too little and 8 is just way too big), a helicopter, and a GI Joe. Go big or go home!

There we go, Erica and Ellie sat near Santa on two conditions:
1. Mommy holds them
2. They didn't have to look at him

Erica reminded us that we needed to say our prayer before eating.

Ellie loved the doughnut.

Who needs breakfast, when you can have a candy cane?
No comments:
Post a Comment