Thursday, December 31, 2009

Santa Stopped at our House

Santa stopped at our house. He left his snowy bootprints down the hallway. I didn't mind cleaning up these footprints!
On Christmas Eve eve, we headed to Christmas services at church. This was the first time attending church services on eve of Christmas Eve. Then, on Christmas Eve the Buening family gathered at Gammaw and Papaw's House. As always we enjoyed all the kids, all 7 of them, and our time together. It was wonderful the time that we are able to spend together.

Christmas Eve, Santa and the Mrs. and son stopped to visit at Gammaw's house.

Erica's twin babies

Erica gave Max one last Christmas hug before heading home to wait for Santa's arrival.
Santa found his way to our house. It seems that Rudolph had the night off. The reindeer must have clipped the power lines after leaving our house, because we lost power. Paul and I were very excited about Christmas, so it was disappointing that we did not have power until mid-morning. Thankfully, the kids didn't mind too much that we postponed our Christmas morning until the next day. (Thankfully, Santa hid the "good" presents, so the kids didn't see them!) Still in our jammies, we headed to B'maw and Pop-O's house early where we enjoyed the time with the family.

Daddy manned the camcorder while I manned the camera. We are a great team!


Ellie would not put her chap stick down long enough to open presents.

Ellie got her very own baby! Chap stick still in hand.

Ethan was so excited with Santa's delivery.

Princess Erica claimed the kitchen and dress up clothes for herself stating that Ellie was too little to play with the big girl toys. She is doing a great job of sharing now. She even let Ethan dress up in the pink flapper girl dress. I was too slow with the camera.

Maybe, next year Rudolph will be back. He can guide Santa's sleigh above the power lines. However, it is funny how things work out. Paul and I were discussing how quickly Christmas comes and goes. It seems that we were to sit back and enjoy the season a few days longer.

1 comment:

  1. I love the footprints, it is such a magical time of the year and so fun for us parents! I love your photos and the fact that I was able to see you over break, I am so thankful! I wish we could do it more! It looks like it was a blessed Time for your family, I am so glad! Take care...Love to all!

    ReplyDelete