If I had a white flag I would wave it. The flu bug has hit our house, and hit it hard.
Christmas Eve Ethan was not feeling well. He felt so poorly that he told me that he was just going to stay home from Gammaw and Papaw's house. Now, anyone who knows Ethan well, knows that he must have felt awful. He slept through dinner that night, but seemed to better after that.
Fast-forward a few days, Ellie started vomiting around bath time. In fact she ended up in Erica's bathwater jammies, blankie, and daddy's shirt with her. Thankfully, Erica had not yet stepped into the tub. By bedtime, Ellie and I were banished to the bedroom. She and I were two sick girls. Ellie looked so lifeless. It is something that I never want to see again.
I thought the rest of the family would be free and clear of this bug. Boy, was I wrong. Erica came down with it several days later. Luckily, it was a mild case for her. Paul followed, and then it hit Ethan. When Ethan gets sick, he gets sick! Eighteen hours of sleep later, he was wondering why the sun wasn't coming up at 4 in the morning!
This house is out of Lysol, Clorox wipes, and bleach. We would probably be out of laundry detergent, but our water line is frozen to the washing machine. I think I have done more laundry the the local mat on payday, and it keeps piling up. It didn't freeze up until after Ethan got sick, so I was able to get a good portion of it completed.
On the bright side, the weight loss from this bug helped me jump start my resolution.
Sesame Seed Cookies
7 months ago
I hope everyone feels better soon Sus! The bug hit us all hard over break too. Reese started it, but no one was left unscathed :( Miss you!
ReplyDelete