Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Six Years Ago. . .

Ethan in July 2004

and now

My Ethers celebrated his birthday today. Six years ago I was able to hold him in my arms for the first time. I can picture that day as if it were yesterday. I can still recall Dr. Cline talking about Teddy Roosevelt moments before Ethan made his debut. I can still see the look of panic in Paul's face when scissors were thrust into his hands and he was told to cut. I can still recall snuggling with my baby boy for the first time in awe; awe that he was mine, in awe that he was perfect from his head to his toes, and in awe that he was a boy.


I really truly can't believe where the time has gone. Oh, I love that boy. He makes my heart happy. He gives the best butterfly kisses. His quick visit at his dismissal is the best mid-day pick-me-up one could ever ask for.


He was SO EXCITED! I wish I didn't cut off his expression. It was priceless.

Check out that golf swing. . . maybe he could teach me a thing or two



and he was able to celebrate with his friends

Ethan, Addie, Ellie and Ruthie

Oh no, he had both of his "girlfriends" sitting together. . .

Celebrating with friends Cam, Erica, Luke, Carson, and Grant

Ethan hurt himself somehow, so Addie carried to the house until she tired out. Jake then took over. I am thinking we can embarrass these boys good in a few years.

and Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment