Monday, March 9, 2009

Dream a Little Dream


As all parents, you dream of what career path your children will take. As a newborn, I secretly hoped that Ethan would become a doctor. Maybe a dentist or a dermatologist. You know, a doctor that does NOT have to go into work in the middle of the night or holidays. As he grew, I knew that he was much more interested in cars, trucks, combines, etc. He often lets me know that his dream is to be a fireman. So, Saturday morning I was completely caught off guard by his future dream.
The kids and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful, spring weather. Paul had to work, so I took the kids to the zoo. Following the dolphin show, Ethan decided he needed to ask the trainers a few questions. He had some very good questions for the trainers. Ethan ended his meeting by telling the dolphin trainer that he was going to be a dolphin trainer when he grows up. My jaw hit the floor! My next thought was, "Can he do that in Indiana?"

No comments:

Post a Comment