This morning I awoke arrounded by arms and legs. Each night Paul and I read bedtime stories to the kids, tuck them in bed, sing songs, and finally slip out of their rooms. Erica even has a special glow-in-the-dark Backpack (Dora the Explorer) hanging above her bed. I must remind Backpack each night to make sure "No monsters or mices" get Erica. All of this effort and she still ends up in our bed in the middle of the night. Ethan usually makes his way into our room in the morning. However, this morning Ethan came in our room first, and Erica followed a short time later. Usually that is way too many bodies for our bed. I have come to find that we have the most comfortable couch in the world when both Ethan and Erica decide that they want to sleep in "Mommy Daddy's bed." With Paul still in Chicago for the weekend, I was able to enjoy Erica's hair tickling my face, holding my hand, the occasional "Mommy, I lub you" and Ethan's legs draped over my waist without the fear of falling off of the bed. As the sun was finally coming up, Erica said, "Mommy, Daddy can sleep with us, but there's no room for Brad." Our friend, Brad Rumple came to our house on Friday afternoon to ride with Paul to Chicago. Erica apparently believed that he would be staying with us upon their return.
No comments:
Post a Comment