That was a quote right out of Ethan's mouth.
Tonight Ethan had a screening for Kindergarten placement. As he and I were traveling to school, we were talking about the things that he would have to do. He told me that he could run "super fast." He then was telling me that he would count in Spanish and English, name his shapes, etc. I was feeling very sad that my baby boy will be going to school in a few short months. That is when Ethan said, "Mommy, they'll think I'm a rock star." Tears immediately dried up as I laughed out loud. Yes, Ethan, Mommy will always think that you are a rock star!
Once inside, Ethan began his screening, as I was ushered into another room to meet with the principal. I sat next to the mother of a student in my class and listened as my boss welcomed everyone to our school. She spoke about the wonderful things going on in our school, the things I sometimes take for granted. It was so different to be addressed as a parent and not a teacher.
Halfway through Ethan's screening, the speech therapist came out to tell me that Ethan wanted to teach all of the other children their ABC's. I laughed it off until 2 other teachers came out to tell the same thing. Ethan was very upset when we left, because he didn't get to teach the other children their ABC's before it was time to go.
Sesame Seed Cookies
7 months ago
Oof...I'm NOT looking forward to that day. I even teared up reading your post! What a big boy...rock star - hilarious!
ReplyDeleteEthan is a trip. Aren't these just the most awesome of times truly. Miss You! Hugs, Kimmer
ReplyDelete