My children have birthdays just around the corner. Now anyone that knows me, knows that I have been thinking about and planning their celebrations since Christmas. The other night, Paul was not home during bath time. I wanted to save time, so I placed Ethan and Erica in the bathtub together. They have recently been banned from this activity. As the end of the bath time, I pulled Ethan out of the tub, dried him off, and then reached for Erica. As I was pulling Erica from the bathtub, she said that she wanted a penis for her birthday.

A few days after the bathtub incident, Paul and I were asking Ethan about his birthday party. He began listing his friends that he would like to attend his party. He then stated that he did NOT want to invite The Joker. Paul and I smiled at one another across the dinner table before we asked Ethan who the Joker was. He told us, "the guy with the white face, he can't come." It took me a minute to figure out where he learned about The Joker. I guess the trips to The Children's Museum and the Batman book he checked out two weeks in a row at the library helped him decide not to invite the Joker. Tonight at bath time, Ethan was upset because, "Daddy invited the Joker."
I guess you just can't plan for everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment