Looking straight up so the stalactites. I was 9 stories underground. Did you know that the stalactites grow about 1 inch every 100 years? Some of the stalactites and stalagmites that we saw were 12 inches and more.
It was an amazing trip. I learned a lot. Did you know that George Rogers Clark and William Clark (of Lewis and Clark) were brothers? Did you know that a squirrel skin was worth approximately 50 cents, a bear skin about $5, and a deer skin was worth a buck? Get it? A buck's skin was worth a buck. I also learned that it is exhausting to take 88 students to a buffet dinner and a hotel. We only had a few minor incidents.
It is always great to be welcomed home by the ones you love, even if you have to drag them off of the swing set.
No comments:
Post a Comment