When posed with that question, I ALWAYS want the bad news first. Earlier this week my principal asked which I wanted first. Bad news: My job in 4th grade--you know the one that I have really enjoyed, the one where I work with the special education teacher, the same one that I only teach Language Arts because my team teacher teaches the other subjects -- is being eliminated. You see there are not enough students in 3rd grade to merit four classrooms next year. Good news: I have a job in second grade. Second grade! I have never taught it, but for some reason I am really excited about it. I mean really excited. It does mean that I will be teaching the another new grade level (that makes 3 different grades in three years). It means that I will have to move classrooms. It means that I will be closer to the kindergarten classrooms (and Ethan) for next year.
Sus, I am excited for you! You know how I feel...things always happen for a reason. You are a awesome teacher regardless of the grade level. 2nd grade is suppose to be a wonderful age, I know you will love it. Although it will take some mental getting used to the idea, you may love it more? Take care, Hugs, Kimmer
ReplyDelete