Thursday, November 5, 2009

It is either laugh or cry, so I will LAUGH A LOT

I first must say that I LOVE my job. I get hugs and "I love yous" every day. I get to happy faces, amazed faces, and "I finally got it" faces each day. I love my job. But, oh my. What a week it has been! I think that full moon is lingering just to test my patience.

This week Ethan had to go to the bathroom at school. Now this is the first time this year that he has had to go. His teacher sent him to the restroom and continued to teach class. His class did calendar AND story time before going to the restroom themselves. Thirty-five minutes later he was still in the restroom. Must be a boy thing! Ethan's teacher told me this after school. My first thought was did he undress just as he does at home. She thought I was nuts when I asked. However, she did make a point to stop by my classroom today. As Ethan's class was lining up to take their restroom break today, another student said, "I wonder if Ethan B. will take his clothes off again today." Yes, he did undress and pile his clothes on the bathroom floor at school while he took care of business (No, he didn't leave the bathroom stall, whew!). Guess what "home skill" we will start working on tonight?!?!

I am currently leading the morning announcements on the school's "television station." I allowed my ENTIRE class to help me with the Pledge of Allegiance and then we sang Happy Birthday to our principal. One of my students was mad after singing because there was not a cake to be found. You cannot have a birthday without a birthday treat. She was so mad that she refused to do ANY work all day long! She hid under the table among other things. I guess I should have brought in leftover Halloween candy for her.

Last week I had a family that was looking for a desk for their child to use at home. So, what better place to ask than the school, right? Apparently, I told this family that they could have a school desk to use at home, and they came to school today ready to pick it up.

I was also reminded today of one of Ethan's stunts this summer. The farm across the street has barn cats. One of the cats had kittens this summer, and they were everywhere. One afternoon, Ethan placed a kitten in our deep freezer because we didn't have a kennel for it, and he did not want it to run away (The kitten was not in there long and was fine). Well, of course, I shared this story with some teachers with little boys of their own. One of the little boys brought it up today in his class. I had forgotten all about that incident, or tried to anyways.

Do you understand why I have to laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment