I would like to think that this ol' girl still has it, but the body ain't quite what she used to be. Oh, the joys of growing up or older, I am not sure which one it is.
Erica is taking a tumbling class and loving every minute of it. It is fast-paced and high energy. She doesn't have time to be bashful, and it shows. She talks to her teachers and never hesitates. Paul and I are very proud of her accomplishments.
Tonight she was showing off some of her moves. When I pulled out the camera, she stopped. Coaxing didn't work. Somebody, I am not sure who, suggested that Mommy show Erica how its done. Not one to shy away, I got down on the floor and pushed up to a back bend. Yep, I am pretty sure that this body has not done that for 10 years. Ten years and it felt like it. I had to hold that position for Erica to photograph me. I may model the cartwheel, but back handsprings are out of the question, even on the trampoline!
Sesame Seed Cookies
7 months ago
Go Sus! If I did that I would not be getting up very quickly!! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteHi! I found you blog through Kims!! I loved this post because I have sooooo been there!!! On top of that my sister use to be a competitive gymnast and I always laugh when she tries to show my 5 year old daughter what she use to do....the next day she can barely walk!! Ha!!
ReplyDeleteNice "meeting" you!
Jamie