Birthdays are big in our home. We count down the days months in advance. We plan the theme, search for cake ideas, and plan the party weeks before the invitations are even mailed. Like I said, we really look forward to birthdays and the celebration of another year. Tonight as I helped Ethan get ready for bed, he asked me how old I am and how old I will be on my next birthday. I politely informed him of my age, to which he replied, "WOW!" I was/am not sure how to take that. We then had the following conversation:
Me: Ethan, will you be a daddy when you are 31?
Ethan: Yes, I will get married.
Me: Who will you marry? (I was thinking that I already knew the answer . . . Ruthie.)
Ethan: The perfect girl. Do you want to know who that is?
Me: Yes! (Still thinking Ruthie)
Ethan: It's you, Mommy. You and I will get married. Daddy will have to marry someone new.
I heard him correctly, he said perfect! :)
I am going to savor these moments where I am number one in his heart. It won't be long before he figures out that I am not so perfect.
Sesame Seed Cookies
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment