I enjoy my job, but I enjoy the time off to spend with my babies more. Those who know me, know that I do not want to think about school until August 1. Well, it is August, so I guess it is time to get into school mode.
This morning I loaded the kids up to go to school. Pulling into school made me a little queasy. I have not spent even 5 minutes thinking about school. I better get my act together, as I will be teaching yet another grade level this year. Our purpose for heading to school was to look for the postings of the class lists. Ethan is curious to discover who his teacher will be for the next two years (he will have her for 1st and 2nd grades). This momma knows, but I wanted him to find out like his peers. Unfortunately, the lists won't be posted until the end of the week. He is still disappointed that Mrs. Buening won't be his teacher. Could you imagine if he were in my class for two years?!?!?
Since school is around the corner, I needed to remind myself of the things that we have accomplished this summer.
~painted Ethan's new bedroom
~painted Erica & Ellie's new bedroom
~moved Ellie out of a crib (tear) into a big girl bed
~moved three kids into new beds and new rooms
~the kids are sleeping in their OWN beds!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!
~Erica completed the summer reading program at the public library
~Paul & I ventured to Vegas with friends
~Erica & Ellie learned to jump off of B'maw's boat, diving boards, etc.
~Ethan is participating in tackle football
~trips to the lake
~Ellie is almost potty trained - she did poopy on the potty today!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been a fantastic summer. A little ordinary, but extraordinary at the same time. I am going to miss my babies next week when I head back to school, but they will be in good hands with Miss Cheri and B'maw and Pop'O.
So, in the next few days I will try to squeeze in a few extra games of GO FISH, SORRY, and puzzle or 2 or 10, and some long bike rides. Oh, I might try to get a handle on 1st grade skills before next week. Thank goodness that there is another Mrs. Buening that teaches first grade. She has already been warned that I will be calling on her many times during the year.
Sesame Seed Cookies
7 months ago
Right there with you sister! I have enjoyed the summer and sad to see it go....But it will be just fine....adjusting just takes time for me each fall! Love you!
ReplyDelete