Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our First Day!

We did it!  Ethan and I survived our first day of first grade.  Of course, he loved school and his teacher, Mrs. Shafer.  She is going to make him work hard this year.  My buddy now rides to and from school with me.  Who needs coffee when I have a "perk" like that?

Do you see what he was eating?  Yes, we forgot to feed him breakfast at home, so he ate his snack in my classroom before school--breakfast of champions, Kool-Aid and Cheez-Its.  If you recall, he didn't get breakfast the first day of kindergarten either. 
Parents of the Year!

Dear Ethan,

I can't believe how quickly time has gone. It seems like I was holding a bundle of blue just yesterday. But, you are growing up, and I can't wait for this new adventure in your life. Daddy and I hope that you approach school like you do everything else, eyes wide open and full of excitement.

I know that you are well taken care of. I could see it in your smile when we passed in the hallway. Oh, I love seeing your freckled-face in the during the day. Mrs. Shafer has so much to teach you.

Love you so muches,
Mommy





Daddy took Ethan to school on his first day.

Beside the breakfast issue, we only had one problem.  Ethan is to come to my classroom at the end of the school day.  He did that.  However, while I walked my students to the bus he thought that I had been gone too long.  Ethan thought that I left him at school, so he went to be dismissed with the car riders.  I could not find him anywhere when I returned to my classroom.  I searched the hallways and all the bathrooms with no luck.  I then had him paged.  He made it back to my classroom, and both of us were in tears.  So, we survived and are looking forward to the many days to come.

My little boogers even made the front page of the local paper, proof that I was working.

No comments:

Post a Comment