My freckled-faced boy has some new friends. He is loving first grade, and I love seeing him during the day while I am on duty.
On the second day of the school, Ethan asked if his friend could come to our house for a "playover." I asked him a little about his friend sitting next to him at the cafeteria table, namely what is his friend's name. Ethan had to turn to the boy and ask, "What is your name?" I tried not to laugh out loud, but I did.
Today, on day four, Ethan played most of his recess with a girl. They rode the zipper, climbed the equipment and rode the slides together. He even introduced her to me. I knew it was a big deal if he is introducing the girlfriend to mom on the first date. I had to send Paul a message in the middle of recess about Ethan's new friend. Fast forward to after school, Ethan walked in the house and immediately told Paul that he had a girlfriend named Emily. He told Paul that she had the prettiest new dress on and that they are going to best friends forever.
Poor Ruthie . . . Paul thinks that Ethan may have moved on.
Sesame Seed Cookies
7 months ago
I am laughing out loud....So fun!
ReplyDelete