
Today was the day; the day we had been looking forward to, the day I had been dreading. Today the Class of 2022 began Kindergarten. We had a bit of a rough start. Apparently, the first two outfits that I selected were not "cool clothes." Once he had his cool clothes on, we were out the door. Ethan traveled with Paul to drop the girls off at Cheri's. Then they headed to school. Ethan did not have time to say good-bye to us or hello to his teacher, he was pumped! That is a good thing, right!?! It was a good thing that I was so busy this morning getting my own classroom ready, that I didn't have much time to dwell.

Ethan and Daddy on the first day of kindergarten

proud parents with their big kid

Jake and Ethan
My Ethers,
Today is your day. It is your first day of school ever! I love the beginning of the school year. It is a time for setting goals. I love sharp pencils, brand new crayons, and finding friends that you missed all summer. These are the things that I hope you enjoy, but above all else, I hope you love learning, imagining, questioning, and discovering.
Today began your steps to becoming a fire fighter, dolphin trainer, race car driver, or anything else your heart desires. I know that you will do amazing things. It is exciting to be your mommy. I couldn't be more thrilled for you and the adventure of your education, even if it makes me sad that my baby (my first baby) is growing up. I love you whole bunches, and I am glad that you are a Northwood Owl.
Love you,
Mommy

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Ethan went to his first day of school on an empty stomach. He would eat breakfast at the
babysitter's house, so this morning when he traveled with Paul and the girls I didn't even think about breakfast. This dawned on me while I was lecturing my students about the importance of eating breakfast every morning. Before hearing of my negligence, one even said to me,
"Who sends their kid to school without breakfast? I mean, who would do such a thing?" Yes, that would be me, Mother of the Year, I sent my child to his first day of school without breakfast. Needless to say, she and many other teachers got a good laugh at my expense today.
Sus...I am sitting at my desk laughing out loud about Ethan going to his first day of school without breakfast.
ReplyDeleteNo worries...we can't always get it right! I love the comment from you student...it made my morning.
What a big day for your family. I hope Ethan enjoys school! :)
Kristen
Sus, I love the story, the letter to Ethan, and the laughs! What a HUGE day for your family! The three of you look soooo Cute!
ReplyDeleteLove, Kimmer