Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Little Prima Ballerina

Every ballerina must start somewhere. Erica got her official start today. We enrolled her in a ballet class at our local parks and rec department. The whole family was excited about her class starting up that we arrived 20 minutes early (Yes, Dad, we were early). The class is held in a racquetball court, so Ethan and Erica were running like wild banshees before the class even started. I am sure her poor teacher was very concerned, wondering if she made a wise decision of teaching dance to little girls. (Today was her first day as a teacher.)
Stretching
more stretching

doing the splits
Erica kept giving me a thumbs up to let me know she was enjoying it and that she was doing well in class.

first position

and second position

The instructor ended class a few minutes early. I think she was a little worn out. I would be trying to teach 8 little girls the art of ballet.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the outfit, so graceful! There is a certain innocence to a ballerina. I am so excited to see your kiddos! Miss you, Kimmer

    ReplyDelete