Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Night Boys' Club

For as long as I can remember, Paul has played basketball on Tuesday nights. It used to be with a league, then the old college players, and now with some "boys" around town wanting to stay in shape. Tonight as I was finishing up with the girls and their bath, Paul was preparing to leave. I needed Ethan for his bath. Paul came to the bathroom with Ethan in tow. Both had the sweet, pleading eyes. "Can Ethan go play basketball with me tonight?" How could I tell either one of them no? They were both very excited. So excited that mommy had to come find his Michael Jordan jersey and wrist bands. Ethan even wanted to wear his basketball shoes from Uncle Todd. Mommy had to draw the line somewhere--the shoes are too big. With water bottle, basketball, and in full gear, my little boy turned into a big boy right before my eyes. And, my big boy, turned into a little boy with excitement over sharing his hobby with his son. I was also excited that they could share this special moment together. It is the first of many Tuesday night boys' trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment